EU Arathor - PVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EU Arathor - PVE

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I wonder....

Go down 
+5
boonnie
Azbaran
judgef
Darksith
Zunjiihn
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Zunjiihn

Zunjiihn

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-06-06

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: I wonder....   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 1:11 pm

A while ago while I was thinking about the meaning of life and stuff, it hit me: After I started playing wow I haven't had a single dream. (except from those times I quit wow for a couple of weeks)

And my friend tells me he doesn't remember dreaming either. Do you guys have this aswell? I mean no dreams? If you do please give me an estimate of how much you play each week.

Phanx
Back to top Go down
Darksith

Darksith

Registration date : 2007-10-12

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder....   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 1:18 pm

Dream all the time. Try not going to bed the second you finish on the computer. 10mins meditation should sort you out, that or eat some cheese What a Face
Back to top Go down
Zunjiihn

Zunjiihn

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: Hmm   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 1:21 pm

meditation eh?

I'll try doing some non computer thing before I sleep and see if it works. More comments please I really wanna figure this out.
Back to top Go down
judgef
Admin

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2007-10-04

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder....   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 1:39 pm

I dream a few nights a week (as I can recall) Im happy with it as long as it not wow-dreams. I usually end game around 00.05 and sleep by 00.10. goes up around 06.00 and thats about it. carpe nocte. /judgef
Back to top Go down
http://www.regulators.se
Zunjiihn

Zunjiihn

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: Hmmm   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 1:43 pm

You guys are ruining my theory O.o

Thanks for all replies. Please post more.

Also Please remember to give an estimate of how much you play wow.
Me and my friend play wow up to 8 hours a day. So part of the theory is too much wow playing causes lack of dreams.
Back to top Go down
Azbaran

Azbaran

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2006-10-15

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder....   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 3:29 pm

IM dreaming now and then, but sometime when i wake up at 4:50 i cant seperate Wow and RL... mixing raid times and work times together thinking i have to bring pots to work and stuff, and im not kidding i actually thought that the other day geek

/Milky
Back to top Go down
boonnie

boonnie

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-10-15

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder....   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 3:30 pm

Azbaran wrote:
IM dreaming now and then, but sometime when i wake up at 4:50 i cant seperate Wow and RL... mixing raid times and work times together thinking i have to bring pots to work and stuff, and im not kidding i actually thought that the other day geek

/Milky

Major dreamless sleep-potion so they cant hurt u when u are late to work?
Back to top Go down
Azbaran

Azbaran

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder....   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 3:33 pm

Have to drink a swiftness potion so that i wont be late sometimes Razz
Back to top Go down
Globlok

Globlok

Number of posts : 38

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder....   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 4:04 pm

I don't remember my dreams often, but I remember that i did dream about 2-3 times a week perhaps. Before I dreamt only WoW-dreams, but that sorted now I think even though I play more now than then. Smile
Back to top Go down
vomitus

vomitus

Number of posts : 27

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder....   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 4:46 pm

maybe this will help u http://www.dreammoods.com/reference/faq.htm

quote from that article
Quote :
Would you please tell me why people do not dream?

Everybody dreams! This is a scientifically proven fact. Research has shown that all human beings in a study showed brain activity during their sleep. Just because you cannot remember your dreams does not mean that you do not dream. So why is it that some people don't remember their dream? This may be attributed to alcohol consumption, certain antibiotics, fever, lack of sleep, high levels of stress, and/or unconscious fears about the content of your dreams. Some researchers believe that certain people have a genetic disposition to forget their dreams as they come out of their sleep.

i rarely remember my dreams (and they're not wow related ones)
/vom
Back to top Go down
Willow

Number of posts : 11

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder....   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 5:02 pm

I remember my dreams very often and I play ALOT of WoW. Many of them are about wow though or at least some wowhybrid thing:)
Back to top Go down
vomitus

vomitus

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder....   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 5:36 pm

i wonder if the dreams i don't remember are wow related ? do i deathcoil the persons that pisses me off in my dream? do i curse and fear my alarm clock to stop waking me so early in the morning? Very Happy

/vom
Back to top Go down
Darksith

Darksith

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder....   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 5:54 pm

Dreaming is influenced by the things you see and the things you do. I have played games for a whole day and dreamt about laying siege to cities king , read a whole book study in a day and dreamt about magic and stuff. If aren’t dreaming you might not be getting restful sleep. Plus dreams only occur at specific time of your sleep cycle.
My advice is to try snoozing.. (For non-english) Snoozing = laying in bed and being half asleep Sleep . The brain is awake ‘sort of’ so you might dream more often.
Back to top Go down
Globlok

Globlok

Number of posts : 38

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder....   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 5:56 pm

Ten years ago when I was at most addicted to championship manager i actually played CM on my alarm clock for several hours.

I woke up and tried to lay out tactics and buy players and Im pretty sure this went on for quite a while before I woke up completely and relized what I was doing.
Back to top Go down
Zunjiihn

Zunjiihn

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder....   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 10:43 am

vomitus wrote:
maybe this will help u http://www.dreammoods.com/reference/faq.htm

quote from that article
Quote :
Would you please tell me why people do not dream?

Everybody dreams! This is a scientifically proven fact. Research has shown that all human beings in a study showed brain activity during their sleep. Just because you cannot remember your dreams does not mean that you do not dream. So why is it that some people don't remember their dream? This may be attributed to alcohol consumption, certain antibiotics, fever, lack of sleep, high levels of stress, and/or unconscious fears about the content of your dreams. Some researchers believe that certain people have a genetic disposition to forget their dreams as they come out of their sleep.

i rarely remember my dreams (and they're not wow related ones)
/vom

Thank you, that was rather helpful. Also I've stopped my investigation. My theory seems false >.<
Back to top Go down
judgef
Admin

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder....   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 12:37 pm

FALSE FALSE FALSE !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Zunjiihn

Zunjiihn

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: >.<   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 12:38 pm

Shut up shut up shut up shut up! >.< (quote from Eurotrip) xD
Back to top Go down
vomitus

vomitus

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder....   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 7:40 pm

Quote :
So why is it that some people don't remember their dream? This may be attributed to alcohol consumption...lack of sleep, high levels of stress

indeed Judgef this is false Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zunjiihn

Zunjiihn

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: haha   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 1:04 am

actually I think it's true. And I'm assuming that lack of sleep is the reason I don't remember my dreams because after I started playing wow I had to get up at the same time each day but I started going to sleep later :-)
Back to top Go down
Pes

Pes

Registration date : 2007-03-24

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder....   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 5:24 pm

I play everyday 3 or more hours (mostly more)
And I dream, but to be honest the first hour I still play wow in my mind...
Sometimes I even dream I am my Char, Pes and then run around with my pet and my bow...real cool dreams...

I use to smoke a lot herbs (use to) those times I didn't dream.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steenbeeldhouwer.be
judgef
Admin

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder....   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 9:36 am

Last week I dreamt about drafting and lineups twice. also arranging 5man grps the best way in raids, just to let u know. /judgef
Back to top Go down
boonnie

boonnie

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-10-15

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder....   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 12:34 pm

Last night I dreamed that we merged with Umbrage and that the GM there was a (in the dreamworld) famous actor.
Back to top Go down
Zunjiihn

Zunjiihn

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: Lolz   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 2:14 pm

Interesting dreams you guys have xD

Well I've started going to bed at 11 pm and guess what? 3 nights in a row I've bee dreaming :-)

Last night I dreamt some psycho dream about me playing icehocky and getting majorly pwnd >.<

A dream's a dream though!

I ran out of play time on my wow account.. so no Arena points for me :-)
Back to top Go down
Azbaran

Azbaran

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder....   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 5:07 pm

I dreamt that the more orders i shipped at work, the better gear i got on my druid Razz there was also something about me sailing a battlecruiser, but i dont know how related that was...

/Milky
Back to top Go down
Darksith

Darksith

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder....   I wonder.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:25 pm

Had my mate ring me up to tell me that he dream that he Killed me >< and couldn't keep the secrete and told everyone that he buried me in the back garden.
affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I wonder.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder....   I wonder.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I wonder....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EU Arathor - PVE :: Public chat-
Jump to: