EU Arathor - PVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EU Arathor - PVE

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Karazhan / 2nd raid group

Go down 
+2
Gnarl
Lawyer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lawyer
Admin

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2006-10-06

Karazhan / 2nd raid group Empty
PostSubject: Karazhan / 2nd raid group   Karazhan / 2nd raid group Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 4:16 pm

Hey all

we are on the edge of attacking the 25man raid contence are therefore our, still very needed, karazhan raids are getting overcrowded. Alot of people are getting passed.

idea is starting up a 2nd raid group wich will contain a certain amount of main chars, and will be filled up by alts (if needed, main chars have priority).

excample:

monday - Karazhan (group1)
thuesday - Karazhan (group2)
wednesday - Karazhan (group1)
Thursday - Karazhan (group2)
Friday - Gruul's Lair
Saturday - Karazhan (group2)
Sunday - Karazhan (group1)

very crowded scheme with a raid each day, but 2 groups on the same night is still a bit tricky because i think we rly need the alts 2 complete group 2

feel free 2 discuss, need sum feedback
Back to top Go down
Gnarl
Admin
Gnarl

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2006-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan / 2nd raid group   Karazhan / 2nd raid group Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 3:36 pm

I think you're right about the fact that running 2 groups on the same night would be tricky, but we do need to start thinking about a second raid group.

I think at this stage we can only plan some 'in between' raids (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday), as you suggested Law and see what sign ups we get.

Our main priority is still to get mains geared up and I think we need to be careful on how the saved instance is handled. I for one would be quite annoyed if, for example, group 1 clears Attumen, Moroes and the Opera on Wednesday for a group of alts to go to Curator on Thursday and take the T4 drop for the week.

I really don't know how best to handle this as it gets very complicated when you look at who needs what from what boss.

I think we should plan to run with this on a 2 week trial basis ... if it works, we continue and if not we look at other possible solutions.

It would be nice to have some alts geared up, as I think the effort that has been put into getting a second or third character to level 70 should also be rewarded.
Back to top Go down
Lawyer
Admin

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2006-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan / 2nd raid group   Karazhan / 2nd raid group Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 3:57 pm

thnx for the reaction gnarl...

and for the rest...... ow ow we want a 2nd raid group SO bad... but we cant be arsed 2 respond here....

im not going 2 make an effort for the 2nd group because of lack of interrest....
Back to top Go down
thunder
Admin
thunder

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2006-10-05

PostSubject: fine   Karazhan / 2nd raid group Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 5:31 pm

wel i thot you idea was good so i thot why response it good idea so try . but if there issend comming a second grp then ill wil see if my priest stays in this guild cose like most i like 2 gear my alt also.
Back to top Go down
fallenlinoge

fallenlinoge

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan / 2nd raid group   Karazhan / 2nd raid group Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 7:53 pm

late reply coz i was away, sorry

first of all its a lot of work to organise and plan this.

for now we need karazhan to gear up as fast as possible, we have a good amount of people in the guild that are totaly geared for 25 man raiding, but also some new members who still need lots of loot from the instance.

its not a bad idea and i think it can work, the main problem with this is the folowing:

exc:
group1(main raiding group) starts wednesday and clears atumen/moroes/opera/maiden/nigtbane, group 2 goes on thursday and clears moroes/opera/curator

saturday one of the healers that went with group1 cant come, now we can not pick a healer from group 2 becouse they are saved.

what i mean is, it can work but you have to stick all week to those groups than, which is realy tricky becouse if some1 falls away you cant replace him with members from the 2nd raid group.

i realy like the idea of gnarl to just test it for next week and see how it goes, if its realy not working we can always drop it.

and the scheme you made looks good law
Back to top Go down
vakondur

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan / 2nd raid group   Karazhan / 2nd raid group Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 9:51 am

hi all!

i read this discuss and i have some idea.

i think we need to start the 2nd group in a fresh,new kara,cos if the 2nd group just carry on the half or less clear kara both groups loose their entity(gear up faster).we have from all classes 2 or more well geared ppl so if we are picking carefully the members to the groups and find the balance between the groups power we wont have problems with the 2 grouping kara.

the 3days/3days raiding times is a good idea,so we can try to start tonight the 2nd group.im signed tonight cos for me the 2nd group times are better, but we really needs good mains in the 2nd group too,cos alts has not enough good gear for all the bosses in kara.

p.s.:if we try this and its working,we need to tell the system for every members and they can know which raid group is what them need to sign.
i saw the yesterday raiders,so if we can make the 2nd raid group tonight they can go their kara,and the 2nd can go the fresh one.

peace vakondur
Back to top Go down
vakondur

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-04-22

PostSubject: team setup   Karazhan / 2nd raid group Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 8:15 pm

hi all!

after the first week of trying the 2nd raid group,it was succes but not too.succes cos the 2nd group can kill some bosses too but in a lot of days just a few members was online,(i know there is some alts but..)

so my idea is: mains to groups! Very Happy
need to separate some ppl from some classes cos if we do that and save them to a different group we can make 2 well balanced teams.

war: val - thunder
lock: biz - gnarl
sammy: great - bey
mage: law - naz
hunter : beel - vak
priest : evo - swoosh
pally : fallen - haxxo
not a class but our 2 insane melee : ewill - swift

u see this is 8 members for each groups and very good core for the teambuilding.

other:if we decide the groups in wednesday pls dont write to the dkp site for example : thursday is raid for the 2nd group,instead : sign up all and if your group is rdy to raid than raid.so if the group members talk each other the raid times for their week its good and doable,exept the 25man raid times ofc.

pls reply,i really want to know how to see this.

peace vakondur
Back to top Go down
thunder
Admin
thunder

Number of posts : 228

PostSubject: your idea   Karazhan / 2nd raid group Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 11:15 pm

your idea is okay but again we wil have problems with active players and its realy hard 2 set it up good but like your thot.
Back to top Go down
Pes

Pes

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2007-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan / 2nd raid group   Karazhan / 2nd raid group Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 4:04 pm

The thing is not everyone has got scheduled day's to raid...mostly I can raid Sunday / Monday / wednesday and Friday.
But sometimes Wednesday I cant and Thusrday is better.
So for me: I just sign the raids that I can come...one week I can raid on other days than the next week, so still the problem that ur saved in 1 group and the next raid for that group you are not abel to raid...

But, we still do it very good, I sign in very often and if I look at the times I actually raid that is 31%.
That is 1/3! Ok, I like to see it going up to 75% but 1/3 is not that bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steenbeeldhouwer.be
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Karazhan / 2nd raid group   Karazhan / 2nd raid group Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Karazhan / 2nd raid group
Page 1 of 1